Home > Total Curriculum > Programmes > Individualised Self-Paced Learning (ISPL) @ BBSS
Individualised Self-Paced Learning (ISPL) @ BBSS
Individualised Self-Paced Learning (ISPL) is one of the many approaches BBSS takes to instil in students the importance and need to be independent and self-directed learners. It also provides an excellent opportunity for students to apply HOM consistently. ISPL supports independent study where learning is viewed as an active process not a passive one.
- Students learn to take more ownership of their own learning.
- Students learn to self-manage and self-monitor.
Target Level: Sec 3E/NA/NT
I. Pre ISPL:
- Briefing of students on rationale, objectives and benefits of ISPL
- Touch on the mindset & skills required for ISPL
- Distribution of ISPL packages
- Briefing & setting of expectations of individual package by subject teachers
II. Wk 1-4 (June or Nov School Holidays)
- Students plan their study timetable
- Students go through the notes in the packages
- Students attempt the exercises set out in the packages
- Students can consult teachers (online) or consult one another.
III. Post ISPL:
- Assessment - Projects or Common Tests
- Feedback and Review ISPL